Hexane sensor transmitter – explosion proof LEL / leakage detector – ATEX, SIL 2, Zone 1, 2
online, continuous monitoring of hexane gas leakage or LEL level, flameproof or explosion proof certified Zone 1, 2 with ATEX, SIL 2, wall / duct mount, with / without display, contact relays, flashing alarm LEDs
Hexane is an alkane of six carbon atoms, with the chemical formula C6H14.
SMART S series hexane gas detector is highly robust, industrial grade, flameproof or explosion proof gas detector for hexane leakage concentration detection or LEL monitoring. The instrument can be installed for hexane monitoring at oil extraction plant, solvent facility, cleansing facility in textile manufacturing etc.
The detector can be installed at walls, surfaces or in ducts for monitoring in gas or air sample. It is ATEX EEx’d’ certified with SIL 2 safety integrity level for hazardous area installation Zone 1 and 2.
The sensor transmitter offers linear, proportional analog output in industry standard current signals, over measuring range of 0 ~ 100 % LEL (lower explosive limit). The detector works on highly sensitive catalytic bead based pellistor sensor cell, with low response time.
It has unique feature of auto diagnostic watch dog with zero point tracking feature. Due to its 10-bit microprocessor based control unit, it offer high accuracy over long term. The detector is also equipped with sintered filter with flashback arrestor for enhanced safety.
It also offers optional features like inbuilt LCD display, flashing alarm LEDs, onboard potential free relay contacts (24VDC @ 1 A), RS485 serial interface with Modbus RTU communication.
- Catalytic bead based Pellistor sensor cell with low flash energy
- 10-bit microprocessor control unit
- Non-intrusive one man calibration via hall effect switches
- ATEX certified explosion proof / flameproof, suitable for Zone 1, 2 gas explosion installation
- Linear, proportional analog industry standard current output
- Continuous system self-diagnosis with watch dog
- Flashback arrestor with sintered filter
- Auto Zero point tracking to zero point compensation
- SIL 2 HW TUV certified
- RS485 serial interface with Modbus RTU communication (optional)
- 1 or 3 relay output module (optional)
- System and alarm LED indicators (optional)
- Modbus RTU communication over RS485 serial interface
- Measuring Parameters: LEL level or concentration detection of hexane
- Sensor Technology: Catalytic bead based pellistor sensor cell
- Measuring range: 0 ~ 100 % LEL
- Response time (t90): < 30 sec
- Control unit: 10 bit microprocessor based
- Warm up time: < 5 mins
- Auto zero point tracking for drift compensation
- Power supply: 24 VDC
- Ingress protection: IP65
- Enclosure: Stainless steel (for sensor cell), anti-static epoxy coated metal alloy (for transmitter)
- Output: linear, proportional 4-20mA
- Mounting: wall, duct, pipeline
- Safety integrity level: SIL 2
- ATEX marking:
- CE 722 Ex II 2G EEx d IIC T6
- CE 722 Ex II 3G EEx nA IIC T6
- Optional: LCD Display, alarm LEDs, potential free relay contacts
- Hazardous area: Zone 1, 2
- Oil or edible oil extraction plant
- textile manufacturing – cleansing and degreasing process
- Crude oil refinery
- Solvent manufacturing
- Oil and grease contaminants extraction in water and soil analysis